Close Goodbye, For Now Dear Neighbors: For many reasons, it's not working out. It takes too much money and time to do this, so BushwickBK is shutting down for some period of time, and possibly forever. Turns out, sadly, we were never in the pockets ... MORE
Bushwick Community Board 'Live': Oct '11
Lots of neighborhood news at the Community Board this October, and a farewell from Aaron Short
- Bushwick DIY Takes Wall StreetOccupy Wall Street draws on the skills and spirit of Bushwick, and the neighborhood is well-represented in the mass protest movement.
- Tough Summer for Wyckoff Heights HospitalThreats of closure, expensive renovations, and angry neighbors pressure the facility.
- Bushwick Community Board 'Live': Sept '11After a long summer break, Community Board 4 is back in session to discuss the neighborhood's happenings and quarrels.
A Hindu Temple Returns to Its Bushwick Roots
One of New York's largest Hindu temples began on Stanhope Street – and it's back.
Bushwick Culture Weekly Picks 10/13/11 :
CMJ is almost here! And you thought I was going to talk politics, didn’t you? Well, there’s certainly plenty of both permeating our week...
- Datalog Brings His Beats To 13 ThamesDatalog just popped up on the internet radar a few months ago, but he's already got a body of work ...
- CMJ in BushwickHeloise and the Savoir Faire The CMJ Music Marathon begins on Tuesday, which means hundreds of bands will flock to the ...
- Techno Warehouse Sludge at BLK Market If you're looking to cop the hardest techno on the black market, this weekend is your best bet. BLK Market ...
- Great Caesar Playing Arlene's Grocery Residency
- Telepathe Remixes Spoek Mothambo
- Biggest Rappers Lace Statik Selektah's Beats
FOOD AND DRINK
The Anchored Inn Docks at Waterbury
Mexican-inflected pub grub is served until 3am at this nautical bar.
- Harvest Time at High School FarmBushwick Campus students spent the summer farming, now it's time to enjoy the bounty.
- Alizee: Polish Food South of the Borough LineA couple of months ago, a bright new mural appeared on Suydam Street.
- Top Ten Bushwick Taco JointsIf you haven't figured it out by now, Bushwick is one of New York's premier taco destinations.
- At Pearl's, Have a Drink, but Don't Act UpThis charming new at Starr and St. Nicholas is bar named for owner's club-wielding great-grandmother.